It’s Easy

Life

I hate you because you’re happy. I hate you because you have what I wanted. I hate you because everyone loves you. I hate you.

Hating someone is easy.

Loving someone takes a certain kind of strength.

The concept of hating someone is so vague. What does it mean to hate someone? Why do you hate them? Is there a reason to hate them? Hate is a powerful word.

Some of us hate people because we are petty. We hate people because of their quirks and their habits. We hate people because they’ve done something “unforgivable.” We hate people because they’re different from us.

I tell myself everyday that I’m going to be a better person than I was yesterday. It’s in my nature to always be kind to everyone I come in contact with. I’m not always kind behind peoples’ backs though. I can be a sneaky mean lil snake that spits out venomous words.

I strive to be this ideal person that I have in the back of my mind. I strive to be kind, honest, and genuine. I pursue love in all things. I choose to be kind to others because I know that I want someone to be kind to be. I empathize. I aim to live by Ephesians 4:31-32.

 Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.

Usually in my very sensitive moments (which is probably all the time), all I can think about are the people who irk me, which eventually turns into hatred. I don’t want to hate people, but it’s so easy to tear people down and criticize them to build myself back up. I tell myself that I’m better. I’m cooler. I’m smarter, when in reality I’m a vile creature who chose to hate over the pettiest things. It’s so easy to roll my eyes when certain people walk into the room. It’s simple to whisper to my friend all of the mean things I wish I can say to their face.

Hate makes you a coward. We hate because we don’t know how to love. Or we don’t know Love. Hatred is the absence of love.

Love is such a simple yet complex subject. Verb, noun, feeling? Depends on how we use it. What does the inspired Word of God say?

Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good. Romans 12:9 

Let your love be sincere. Let it be genuine. If we choose to hate, then choose to hate what is evil.

And the second, like it, is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.” Mark 12:31

Love your neighbor even if they get on the last of your nerves. There are people I can’t stand 80% of the time, but the other 20% I love. Though they irk me to my core, I still love them for who they are. There are good qualities in people. The bad qualities are always screaming at you, making you want to hate them. Look past them. I believe there’s at least an ounce of goodness in someone deep down in their soul. It’s just clouded with darkness, and we must show them love in order to pull them out of it. Love fiercely.

Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. 1 John 4:7

If you don’t know love, then you don’t know God. If you don’t know God, then you don’t know what love is. There is love in this world. There’s love from your families, love from your friends, and love from your significant others. No amount of love will compare with the love the Father has for us (John 3:16, Romans 5:8, Ephesians 2:4-5) God’s love is forever present in His Word.  Seek Him. Find Him. He is there.

Choose to love even when you really want to hate someone for treating you terribly. Choose to love when you really want to back hand someone and snatch them by the hair for making you angry. If you want to be the person who radiates love, genuineness, and kindness, choose love.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s